Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Ticker Kicker

Like many Pittsburgh Steelers fans, Terry O'Neill's heart stopped when Jerome Bettis fumbled the football in the final minute of the Steelers divisional playoff game agains the Indiananolic Colts last weekend. Only, O'Neill's heart really did stop. The 50-year-old Pittsburgh resident, was watching the game at a bar and had a heart attack seconds after Bettis coughed up the pill.
O'Neill said Bettis is his hero.

"I wasn't upset that the Steelers might lose," he said. "I was upset because I didn't want to see him end his career like that. A guy like that deserves better. I guess it was a little too much for me to handle."

Needless to say, O'Neill survived, thansk to two firefighters.

"The Steelers won the game and I'm still alive, so I guess I'm doing pretty good," he said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home