Thursday, February 16, 2006

Weir(d) Way to Lose a Medal

The biggest mouth at the Turin Olympics had few words for his lackluster performance on Thursday after missing the bus to the event of all things. But for Johnny Weir, the “prettiest flower on the ice” was all dried up after choking away a 2nd place start. Weir got his bus schedules crossed up and missed his transportation from the Olympic village to the rink.

After flapping his gums all week on topics ranging from triple Lutz’s to conservative America’s uncomfortable take on his “floweriness”, Weir stuck both skates in his mouth after the pulling off one of the biggest gaffs in Olympic history.

After whining about the lack of room service in his room and the “dust on the floor”, Weir failed to get the message that bus scheduled were altered to run every 30 minutes, rather than the 10 minute gaps he had expected.

"It was never brought to my attention it would be changed," Weir said. "I guess it's my fault because I didn't bother to ask."

"I learned I definitely want to stay in a hotel," he added.

Might we suggest he take advantage of the wake up calls while he’s there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home