Thursday, February 09, 2006

Is the Great (3 to) One Fibbing?

Somebody’s got some splain’in to do. Namely one Wayne Gretzky, who told reporters on Tuesday that he had no prior knowledge of any alleged gambling ring. Specifically, any gambling ring that his wife Janet Jones or his coaching assistant Rick Tocchet had anything to do with. The Newark-Star-Ledger would beg to disagree, reporting that Gretzky was caught on a state wiretap talking about the ring.

"The reality is, I'm not involved, I wasn't involved and I'm not going to be involved," Gretzky said Tuesday night. "Am I concerned for both of them (Tocchet and Jones)? Sure there's concern for me. I'm more worried about them than me."

Well start spending a little more time worrying about yourself there Wayne, because the court of public opinion is about to start raining haymakers. Gretzky’s name is about to get dragged through the mud, along with Phoenix Coyotes general manager Mike Barnett, who the Arizona Republic reports is also suspected of placing bets with the ring.

Jones hand picked a carefully crafted statement on Thursday expunging her husband of any involvement, without doing the same for herself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home